Impacting the lives of hundreds of students
I’m proud to have had the opportunity to impact the lives of so many of these young people, and it’s been incredible to see them go on to do such great things. If you’d like to get a better feel for how I teach and who I am, please always feel free to contact me directly or to call me at 512.771.3303.
Suzanne attended the University of North Texas School of Music for three years where she studied Music Education and Vocal Performance with Patti Johnstone and Juanita Peters.
She earned a Bachelor of Science degree (Magna Cum Laude) in Child Development and Music Education from Texas Woman’s University in Denton, Texas in 1985.
Attended the 2004 and 2013 Broadway Teaching Labs: A three-day intensive series of interactive workshops, seminars and observation with Broadway professionals in New York City. This program is intended to inspire arts teachers and directors of high school and middle school theatre with new teaching methods, enhanced production skills, and an exchange of ideas with professional Broadway artists. Visit them online…
- Musical Director for Zachary Scott Theater Youth Production Annie JR. AND was Nominated for Best Musical Direction 2013 – Local for Annie Jr. at Zach Theatre on BroadwayWorld.Com
- Musical Director for TexARTS Productions working with Broadway Professionals, including productions of Fame, Annie, Grease, Fosse, and Cats
- Musical Director and Voice Coordinator for TexARTS
- Musical Theatre Academy
- Pre-Professional Youth Performance Group
- Voice Instructor
- Director of Musicals at Private Schools, including Honk Jr., Suessical, Veritas Gets Animation, and Let’s Go to the Movies
- Founder of Statewide Non-Profit Musical Theatre Group
- Alaska’s Broadway Kidz!
- 1998 – present: Director & Owner – Suzanne’s Music Studio
- 2012 – 2013: Musical Theater Director for Youth and Vocal Camp Voice Teacher for Zachary Scott Theater
- 2008 – 2012: Musical Theater Director and Voice Coordinator for TexARTS .
- 2008 – 2010: Musical Theatre Director Veritas Academy
- 2007 – 2008: Musical Theatre Director/Piano Teacher Regent School of Austin
- 2000 – 2006: Founding Musical Director and Board Member for Alaska’s Broadway Kidz!
- 2003 – 2005: Talent adjudicator for National Teenager Pageants
- 1999 – 2001: Developed and taught a music theory curriculum for the Alaska Children’s Choir
- 1999 – 1999: Children’s Vocal Coach for the Anchorage Opera’s production of Carmen
- 1995 – 1996: Directed the choir for a private school in Alameda, California
- 1993 – 1998 Created and directed a middle school choir in Oakland, CA
- 1991 – 1993: Created and taught an elementary student music appreciation curriculum
- 1986 – 1993: Created and directed a children’s church choir in Plano, Texas
- 1976 – 1979: While she was in high school taught songs to children in Richardson, TX